Drug and addiction treatment in the world is a developing phenomenon which has given mankind a lot of successful recoveries.
A lot of drug rehab philosophies about the different kinds of treatment and its approach age as old as mankind, thus, there has been a rising spree for finding better help to the gigantically big issue of substance abuse.
After the issue is medically diagnosed and well-detected, the addict is advised to go for the therapeutic session. You have some basic level treatment programs.
Take a look at the details below and compare one with another to get a wider view about these drug treatment programs:
1. The first treatment is participation in weekly sessions for group counseling where you sit in circle along with different peoples and discuss the issue. Your issue is addressed and recoveries are suggested by drug treatment center. Day to day progress and improvisations are updated.
Patients vent their thoughts out and get helpful opinions from their fellow members. Role playing like acting like the other person to perceive their thoughts and to suggest the right way to deal with drug issue is also a vital part of this counseling therapy.
2. Next kind of counseling is when you contact is certified psychiatrist or psychologist. It is a little costlier that group therapy but the best thing about it is that the patient gets a higher level of care and attention from an accredited specialist.
The doctors get to the nerve of the patient by examining his emotional and mental condition and help in curing the patient not just physically but emotionally too. One thing worth knowing is that a psychologist will listen to you first and talk for scheduled time period while a psychiatrist will give a medical solution first and then opt for the cognitive approach.
3. Next approach is IOP (Intensive Outpatient Therapy) which needs trust and freedom in your patient. Patients live their normal lives outside the rehab but check in with the treatment facility as suggested by their doctors to keep a track of their recovery.
For this condition, detox is not a problem neither it is required. Addict is given individual and group counseling for 10 hours every week. However, for this program the patient must be healthy enough to live a normal life outside the rehab center.
4. The next approach in this treatment ladder is partial hospitalization. It is an effective approach as it is cheaper than a complete residential program and offers the best of both the worlds. It is an intensive and well-defined care along with outpatient programs allowing flexible meeting hours. This approach leads to no relapsing or co-existing of the addiction or any of the symptoms.
5. Lastly, the most efficient and strongest addiction treatment approach in this treatment ladder is inpatient caring. The patient becomes a resident of the facility and undergoes complete treatment program with daily activities aligned as per the severity of his addiction. Medical professionals assess the addict’s condition and prescribe medication accordingly as and when needed.
Withdrawal pains are not easily born by all addicts and thus drugs are prescribed to treat them effectively and wipe out the initial drug from the patient’s body. The prescription drugs gradually lower the user’s urge to come back to their vice. Patient is under observation round the clock with several recovering programs running from time to time.
Selecting the right drug treatment program should be done after discussion with professionals. You should visit facilities, hospitals and counselors to evaluate their applicability to your condition. It depends on the family of the addict to take the right decision for them to recover.