If you are one who is new to the most electrifying and action-packed activity kayak fishing and planning to outfit your foremost kayak, it is a better choice to begin the process in a simply manner just with the most essential accessories. In due course of time, as you become expert in fishing as well in kayaking, you can add on new items and make your kayak a very personalized one.
The whole idea is your familiarity with the procedure, based on which you can determine which kind of gears and equipments will be the best matching for your kayak. In this process, you can always go through a Google search to find wonderfully customized glamorous images of fishing kayaks used by professionals.
Living in the great city Ventura, California, Anouk Govil is an avid surfer, kayaker while fishing and snorkeling is also her great passion. At her 19 years, the lively student of California State University Channel Islands has been specializing in Biology. When it comes to fishing accessories for outfitting your kayak, she considers that the following items are quite essential, to begin with.
- Rod holder is the key element in the category of kayak fishing tools. They can be mounted either in the frontal part or on the rear side of the cockpit. Since fishing is the whole aim, it is the right choice to install it in front within your reach so that you can concentrate on it.
- Think of a pole leash, which is an essential implement that prevent injury or mishap in case the kayak turn over due to any reason. One of the much experienced issues is striking the boat by huge fishes. Pole as well as paddle leashes are found in the kayak shops in two usual models like with tubular nylon and coil.
- A fish finder, GPS or any equivalent device is very helpful electronic gadgets, which you must consider for installation. Make sure that the device is waterproof and sufficiently sturdy.
- A sealed maintenance free compact battery is a good choice to outfit the fishing kayak. Undertake special steps in order to safeguard the cell from water. In many accidental cases, this may happen, while if you arrange for a special type water proof sealed box for storage of the battery, such chances can be easily avoided. Since battery is a heavy item, place it preferably in the center of the boat.
- Seasoned kayak fishers opt for varieties of anchor, however, for you, it is better not to overburden with heavy or large anchor that you cannot tackle. For new kayak fishers, from 1.5 to 2.0 pound anchor is just excellent.
- You can get all necessary fishing tools from the stores including scissors, clippers, hook file, forceps. Prepare a tool box and place it within the reach. Pliers or multi tool apparatus help take out hooks from fishes.
Essentially, procure rope like towrope or throw rope that come in different sizes and has multipurpose use. While fishing, many times, you may require attaching your kayak to shore, or with other boat. Equipping your boat with ropes is vital for this purpose. Apart from this, there are other tools also, which you can install one after another.
Anouk Govil is fond of all exciting water games including kayaking, surfing and fishing or snorkeling. She is a great singer and photography expert.