Sinusitis basically refers to the blockage of nose passage because of tissues that tend to line the sinuses. Major role of mucus is to help the nasal passage to free itself from pollutants and allergens. In some of the acute sinusitis cases, the swelled up tissue ends up blocking the sinuses thereby trapping air and mucus in them. It ends up causing a lot pain, inflammation, irritation and bacterial infections as well.
Symptoms of this ailment include:
- Thick green colored or yellow colored discharge from the nose
- Disturbed visions and dizziness
- Cheekbone swelling and fever
- Intense headache
- Nasal congestion s and blocked nasal drains
- Severe pain pressure around eyes, upper teeth, teeth bone and face
Treatments of acute sinusitis include:
In maximum of the cases, acute sinusitis tends to affect up to 4 weeks and gets treated by the natural immune system of the body. Sinusitis generally caused by virus attack that leads to common cold. However, in case it prolongs more than a month then there are certain treatments available. Following treatments can be helpful for the ailment:
- Pain killers: paracetamol, aspirins and ibuprophin are commonly used for treating pain, fever and facial pain associated with acute sinusitis. However, neither children below the age of 18 years must not consume aspirins and ibuprophin, nor patients with stomach ulcers and asthma must consume it.
- Decongestants: if you feel that you are unable to take the cold, then the best would be to visit a nearby chemist and ask for a commonly used decongestant for yourself. If you want you can also resort for certain inhaler and drops so as to relive yourself. However, they have nothing to do with the actual treatment of sinusitis as they do not affect the viruses that may be present inside your body.
- Immunotherapy: in case the acute sinusitis is caused by certain allergies, then the patient is imparted withy allergy shots so as to lessen down the reaction of the body towards a specific allergen. This particular therapy gives instant relief to the patients.
- Horse radishes: maximum of the people are unaware that horse radishes can do wonders ion treating acute sinusitis. All you need to do is to simply grate the radish and put in your mouth so that the mucus can get dissolved and you can b relived.