The splints are one of the most common issues with all the athletes and they face too many difficulties due to splints. The splints can be caused by several reasons and most common reason which causes splints are:
- Overuse of the body muscle which causes irritation and swelling in the muscle
- Tiny breaks in the lower leg bone of athlete which is called stress fracture and flat feet or over pronation
The splints can be easily treated with few preventions and cure. All you have to do is to do little research about how to cure shin splints and then you will find various website and places on the internet where you would be able to find best and most suitable treatment instructions for your shin splints issue. If you don’t want to waste your time in researching then you can simply consider best and simplest treatment alternative that I am sharing with you below. It will help you to get rid of shin splints easily and quickly. You don’t need to do any long term research on how to cure shin splints for this purpose anymore.
- Rest is very important. The body heals its wounds itself most of the times but it requires resting so you should give your body some rest because it will take some time to heal the shin splints.
- The pain and swelling is common in shin splints so you can consider icing your shin which will definitely ease your pain and will give you relief. You should do it at least 30 minutes in every four hours and this procedure should be repeated at least 3 days until the pain is totally gone.
- The anti-inflammatory painkillers can also be considered for this purpose. You can consider taking Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, aspirin ornaproxen etc. for this purpose but it would be better for you consult your doctor first before taking these painkillers.
- The arch support would be really very beneficial in your shoes for this purpose. And if your doctor recommends then you should also consider range of motion exercises.
- And finally, you can support your leg with neoprene sleeve and consider strengthening your muscles with the physical therapy.
There are several signs which can be observed as a warning of splints. Main sign of healed splints in your leg is that you will feel normal strength and flexibility in your injured leg just like your other one and you can simply jog, jump and sprint with your leg without feeling any pain in it. And most importantly, the healing will be visible in X-rays and there would be no visible stress fractures anymore. Although the time cannot be predicted of healing the splints but these simple yet amazingly helpful treatments will definitely help you to get sooner relief and your strength will be back like it used to be.