Everyone wants to flaunt a skin that is free from blemishes, scar and acne. However, the age old methods, therapies and treatments have not been successful enough in treating the marks that the acne leaves behind. People complain that the acne scars still persist even after spending so much on creams and solutions that are known for treating acne and blemishes.
However, with the advent of Light-based therapies one can get rid of these horrible looking scars easily. For the millions of clients who are worried by severe acne, it has become an extremely good option for restoring their complexion and improving their fading self-esteem. Dr. Kenneth M Reed offers various acne treatments for the clients at DermASAP which includes:
- Topical medications such as retinoid cream or gel
- Oral medications
- Light-based therapies
- Chemical peels
Dr. Kenneth M Reed states that the type of treatment that he would offer to the clients depends on the severity of the acne and the skin type as there are clients whose skin are so sensitive that even the topical medications can cause allergies. Therefore, he recommends the right therapy only after conducting thorough diagnosis and assessment of the client.
Benefits of Light based therapy:
Blue light destroys the bacteria that are known for causing acne such as P acnes. This type of bacteria is sensitive to blue light and thus they cannot withstand the light and get destroyed. With the light based therapy the bacteria get eliminated from the oil glands easily. Moreover, the blue light declines the irritation associated with red pimples. After a number of treatments, the blemishes fade and skin redeems its usual appearance easily. Listed below are some of the benefits of light based therapy:
- It works perfectly even against antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- It is non-invasive procedure that is safe to use with no chemicals, medications and does not cause any side effects and discomfort.
- It is a cost effective treatment that can be purchased online and can be used even at home.
- It is safe for all ages and can be used daily.
- It does not dry out skin or cause pre mature aging of the skin unlike common topical treatments such as benzoyl peroxide.
- It can penetrate deep into the pores and tend to end acne breakouts before they reach the surface.
- It reduces the build-up of oil on the skin and with continuous use can even reduce the size of the pores.
Dr. Kenneth M Reed says that with blue light therapy, patients can experience a substantial reduction in the amount of acne lesions, both pimples and cysts. Moreover, the patients can experience smooth and flawless skin which increases their self-confidence and self-esteem.
Light therapy when used continuously over a set period of time, patients can expect a significant health improvement. Light therapy can also be used in combination with other treatments in order to increase efficiency.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that light-based therapies are considered as the most effective treatment as it can clear up the skin and remove acne scars without any side-effects.