If you have moved to Aurora, CO, it is highly likely that you will be looking for a dentist for your family. Good dental care for the whole family is crucial and it affects their general health. It is thus important to invest in the services of a reputable dentist in the area to guarantee the best care for your family.
There are many choices in the city but before picking one, you need to get recommendations from friends. You can also go online and read reviews and testimonials by other parents. Once you have created a shortlist, the hard work starts because the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends you to interview several clinics before choosing one.
Here are some important questions your dentists should answer:
- What is your qualification and experience in dentistry? While this might seem like an obvious question, you will be surprised by the large number of people who don’t ask it. Most look at the impressive dental clinic and believe the dentists must be qualified. Look for specialized and advanced training in dentistry and make sure you ask for the licensing.
- Do you provide estimates for treatment? This is important in helping plan your finances. Some dental procedures such as implants take months and it is important to get a rough estimate of the total cost. More importantly, you will be able to determine whether your insurance will cover such a cost.
- Do you work with all insurance companies? You might find a highly recommended dentist who unfortunately doesn’t submit claims to your insurance provider. Make sure you confirm this to avoid costly surprises in future.
- Do you offer financing options for non-insured patients? Most dental clinics have working relationship with healthcare financiers and they will offer financing options for those who don’t have dental insurance.
- Do you have any references in the city? The best dental care Aurora, CO services make sure you work with a dental clinic that is highly recommended. Ask the dentist for referrals and try to get as much information about them from testimonials and reviews. Visit their yelp page and see what other people are saying about the service.
- Do you offer flexible appointment hours? For family dentistry, it is important to confirm when the dentist is available. Morning hours are always the best but your work schedule might not allow this.
- Are you a member of any professional body? The best dentist will belong to industry bodies such as American Dental Association (ADA) among others. This is a sign that they are guided by a strict code of ethics.
- Do you use modern technology? Check for the latest dentistry procedures such as implants, laser technology, porcelain veneers, dental bridges and crowns, root canal therapy, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) treatment, sealants, among others.
It is important to identify a highly experienced dentist for your family’s dental care. You should also visit their website and learn more about their dental services.
Gabe Duke is a dentist in Aurora with bachelors and masters from University of Colorado General Practice Residency. He has practiced for over 15 years in different cities. He now provides dental care Aurora, CO services.